Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Crashing when opening Media Encoder + Error compiling movie

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm facing some issues with After Effects and Adobe Media encoder. It worked fine but all of a sudden AE crashes when exporting through AME. I clicked "View report" but I get some DMP files that I can't open. 

Also, AME Fails to render - It takes unusually long to render even a few seconds, then I get the error compiling movie. 
I tried: 
Changing renderer to engine software
Clearing Cache
Reinstalling AE and AME, removing all extensions/plugins. 

Making sure GPU drivers are up to date. 

The video I am trying to export has nothing special in it. Just an mp4 video, 3 pngs, and 2 text layers. 

Here's the report I get in AME: 

- Encoding Time: 00:02:22
03/14/2022 12:22:03 AM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\flowg\Desktop\Comp 1.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00;00;23;20 - 00;00;24;22
Rendering at offset: 23.690 seconds
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: -1609629695

I checked that timecode 23:20-24:22 but it's nothing there, just that mp4 video that I have in my comp. 

Has anyone encountered this issue?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultizz2laa9g8pn,

Sorry for your issue.

Do you have any effect applied on the media? What's the source of the footage? Is it screen recorded or shot on a camera?

Try exporting to a different location. Also, what happens if you export using After Effects Render Queue?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for your message. 

I had a curve adjustment layer, but I removed it, cleared the cache, and tried again, unsuccessfully. The video is an mp4 shot on a camera. I exported it from Premiere Pro. I matched the AE comp framerate to the video's framerate. 

I tried exporting to different locations, but I only have one SSD, so it wouldn't make a huge difference. Maybe it could only help avoid some bad sectors.

After trying all the solutions I could think of, in the end, I tried exporting through Render Queue, which worked flawlessly. I had to export it as.mov, but I converted it to.mp4 later.

If you have other ideas, that would be helpful. I suspect the issue is from the Media Encoder, but I have no idea what's going on with it.

Best, 
Florin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Florin, sorry for the delayed response.

I think it's the third-party plug-ins. I got a chance to work on this issue with a few users and found out that removing the plug-ins solves the problem. I understand that removing the plug-ins will also ruin the project. Until the updates are available from the plug-in manufacturers, your workaround is what I'd suggest to everyone.

Let us know if anything else crops up.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines