I'm facing some issues with After Effects and Adobe Media encoder. It worked fine but all of a sudden AE crashes when exporting through AME. I clicked "View report" but I get some DMP files that I can't open.
Also, AME Fails to render - It takes unusually long to render even a few seconds, then I get the error compiling movie. I tried: Changing renderer to engine software Clearing Cache Reinstalling AE and AME, removing all extensions/plugins.
Making sure GPU drivers are up to date.
The video I am trying to export has nothing special in it. Just an mp4 video, 3 pngs, and 2 text layers.
I had a curve adjustment layer, but I removed it, cleared the cache, and tried again, unsuccessfully. The video is an mp4 shot on a camera. I exported it from Premiere Pro. I matched the AE comp framerate to the video's framerate.
I tried exporting to different locations, but I only have one SSD, so it wouldn't make a huge difference. Maybe it could only help avoid some bad sectors.
After trying all the solutions I could think of, in the end, I tried exporting through Render Queue, which worked flawlessly. I had to export it as.mov, but I converted it to.mp4 later.
If you have other ideas, that would be helpful. I suspect the issue is from the Media Encoder, but I have no idea what's going on with it.
I think it's the third-party plug-ins. I got a chance to work on this issue with a few users and found out that removing the plug-ins solves the problem. I understand that removing the plug-ins will also ruin the project. Until the updates are available from the plug-in manufacturers, your workaround is what I'd suggest to everyone.