• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects crashing, won't open sometimes, crashes if i try to use any effects like fill or glow

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even get it to open right now but it has crashed 4 times this morning when trying to use an effect and won't open for a few times after crashing. I'm completely updated and just got a brand new macbook and started my icloud over so there isn't any storage issues or anything.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are storing your project in iCloud, the first suggestion I can give you is that you try to store it on your internal disk, which is surely solid. Possibly the read/write speed in iCloud is not the fastest and is causing an issue in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandi5E81,

Sorry for your issue.

I agree with what the expert suggested. If that doesn't help, we'd need the following details to understand the issue properly:

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i restarted my entire system and it seemed to work. i was having trouble with new documents that werent saved yet, i couldn't work on them at all, so the answers, while appreciated, were not applicable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines