Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

After Effects crashing

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe After Effects program closes suddenly when modifying fonts "Arabic language" I'm using the version 18.2.1 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jihad AlMubarak,

Sorry about the crash.

Does it crash while working with a specific font? If so, try reinstalling that font or try contacting the font manufacturer. If that's not the case, is there anything specific that triggers the crash? Also, please share the crash report.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nishu,

It crashes will all Arabic type fonts.

usually it crashes when chaning the font type or when resizing the text box itself.

this bug has been there for the previous couple of patches.

Hope you have a fix for this.

Many thanks,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi xLOREx,

Does it work fine with the other fonts? Could you try reinstalling the Arabic fonts that you mentioned above? Also, do you see any error message or crash report?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marhaba Jihad,

I'm not an After Effects user, however, just to assist with your issue, I just typed in Arabic, changed the font to different typeface, I didn't encounter the issue. Please provide more details so we may replicate the problem at our end.

My settings: Mac OS Big Sur v.11.6 • After Effects v. 18.4.1

Ae-Arabic.png

Can you tell us which font you're using?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines