• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects crashing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add certain effects to my videos, AE just stops responding. I don't know why, and if anybody could help me it would be greatly appreciated. My specifications are listed below:

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070s 

CPU: Intel i7 9700k 8 core 

RAM: 16GB

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO

Thanks for reading this post and please help me lol

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine's been crashing too a lot today.

If yours is crashing on certain effects you could try using "software only" previews or turning off multi-frame rendering in the preferences and see if that helps. I've had it crash on videos with Red Gian'ts glow effect when using the GPU and multi-frame rendering turned on (I'm not sure if it also did it with AE's glow), and turning off multi-frame rendering then worked okay with that glow effect. I've also updated to the latest studio GPU drivers - I don't know if that could help with your issue.

edit: I meant it crashed when it had multi-frame rendering turned on with that effect and turning MF rendering to off stopped it crashing with that effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lowryaep

Sorry to hear that After Effects is crashing on you!

Which effects are you adding?

Have you tried what @A.I.1 has suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rameez,

I use a couple of effects with the Sapphire plugin, including S_BlurMoCurves, S_PseudoColor and S_TextureFlux. I also use some with the BCC Continuum plugin, including BCC Directional Blur and BCC Organic Strands.

I have tried multiple times turning multi-frame rendering on and off, but the same thing keeps happening. I have checked Nvidia GeForce experience for new drivers, and I am up to date with the latest driver. Nothing changes.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines