• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CS5 hangs on startup

New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CS5 (MAC, german trial version) needs 5-10 minutes to start up, hangs on the message "MediaCore wird initialisiert". On another Mac (small macbook!) it works fine. I did a reinstall, no effect. No plugins are installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Thanks guys.  It looks like both of you are having a similar problem with a third party AVI codec.  Please remove or uninstall any third party AVI codecs such as DivX,  XVid, etc. from your system and try AE again.  

You can also temporarily disable these components by closing any QT related apps and then dragging components out of the Library/QuickTime folder on your boot drive.   If that works, try adding them back one by one until it fails again.  That is the problem codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine froze at mediacore as well and I traced the problem to my windows temporary file location. So I went to CONTROL PANEL -> SYSTEM -> ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS -> ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES and then set both TEMP and TMP to C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp

It will be different depending on yoru username.

I believe the problem may have been that the After Effects disk cache location was the same as the windows temp location... maybe a conflict or something.

-Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me as well (stuck on initialising media core) and every fix has been tried. The computer is a mac and the firewall isn't and has never been turned on, removing the preferences folder does nothing, uninstalling Quicktime and the 3rd party codec do nothing. All disk permissions are correct and a repair has been run on permissions. I've trashed the permissions, Quicktime preferences and Adobe preferences as well.

I am at my wits end and the user desperately needs After Effects as he is a designer. I can't believe Adobe still doesn't have a fix for this issue and keeps pointing people to the 'fix' that doesn't work or doesn't apply to them. I need a resolution ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines