Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[After Effects] Display Acceleration Disabled on Mac

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guy, I have a problem.

I had just installed AE CC 2020 and without doing anything, there's a pop message at the display panel that says "Display Acceleration Disabled". Been trying to google the solutions but as of now, there's no solution for mac users. Please help!

I had AE CC2019 installed previously and it worked just fine. I'm not sure what's wrong with the 2020 version.

I'm using a 2012 13" Macbook Pro with 8GB RAM.

Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

We would need more information to troubleshoot the issue properly. Please share a download link for the system report .spx file. Here's how to get it: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203001

Are you working on After Effects while the laptop is plugged-in into the power adapter?

Also, navigate to After Effects Preferences > Display > and uncheck Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Thanks for the response.

I've tried your suggestions but none of them worked.

Here's my system information: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eOpb6EwU8sM1SRPjeCnRb1tOmub59WP7

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind trying the steps suggested in the following article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-fix-quot-display-acceleration-disabled-quot-...

Let us know if it brings any change.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Not working still showing Display Acceleration Disabled on Mac.

I've tried your suggestions but none of them worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These steps start with 'Make sure your MacBook is connected to the power source'.

I'm on a Mac Pro, not a Mac Book. Any suggestions for how to get back Display Acceleration on a Mac Pro with Radeon Vega II graphics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on a 2019 Mac Pro with AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32gB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines