Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects error 3

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community.
I had created a project in after effects, and I keep getting the error code 3 when exporting through media encoder today.
I have not had any problems exporting everyday through premiere pro.
I have looked everywhere in the community for help. Saving the project in other versions, reinstalling old after effect versions. But then the project doesn't even show up in media encoder.
I have plenty of space on my external harddisk. Now i deleted the whole project- updated all apps, and started all over with my project. But the error keeps appearing.
Is there a specific setting I need to turn on/off?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with error code 3, but what happens around 16 frames in?  Are you adding a lot of effects, using 3D, are you rendering using your GPU (have you tried software only)?  And have you cleared your cache?  You also mention you are rendering to an external harddrive.  Is there any chance the connection could drop out?  There's lots of variables here try to work out what the cause might be.

I put this video together talking through the big "culprits" and how to bypass them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7xhG1bNRVU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide actual info about your system and the project, not just drop error codes. That said, the usual things apply: Check your hardware ancoding settings, update your system's graphics driver, flush the caches before rendering. Anything more will require better details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi defaultc5q6deuik4g6,

Sorry for your issue.

Is this happening with a particular project or all of them? What's the exact version of After Effects and Media Encoder you're using? What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines