Trying to edit template in after effect but showing this everytime

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 12.32.38 PM.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any idea about what the project actually contains, nobody can tell you much. Start by opening the project with capslock enabled and disabling the effects selectively until you find the culprit.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I managed to find the culprit layer. Any suggestions on what to do next?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specific recommendations are impossible if we don't know what is going on in the comp. The layer is too big, you have applied an effect that has caused a problem with the size of the layer, you have customized a comp setting or about 40 other things I can think of right of the top of my head. No details, no screenshot, showing the modified properties of the problem layer = nothing but a wild guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you adobe community professionals are as useless as the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number of possible problems that I can think of when creating a composition that is to be used as a template to do just about anything: At least 10,000. 

Since you have not provided a link to the template, or a screenshot, or any kind of workflow description, which possible solution do you want me to list. The most obvious problem was already explained. You have a layer or an effect that has been set to a size that is larger than After Effects can work with. If you need more help than that, spend a couple of minutes giving us some details. 

If you think After Effects is garbage then don't use it. There are alternatives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the 10000 number I speak of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A complex problem can easily have about 10,000 different combinations of effects and animations. Foul up one of them, and the template is broken. Without seeing the timelines with the modified properties revealed, it is impossible to figure out where the problem is or how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I actually have the same problem... you know how can I fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola que tal, algo de ayuda les puede servir: El proyecto que hacia estaba en 4k y me salía este error, por lo cual lo tuve que bajar a 2k o 1080 y asi pude solucionar este error, al momento de renderizar y guardar el video con el Encoder a 4k, 2k o la misma resolución de origen en mp4 H.264, espero les haya servido de algo, saludos a todos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your system we can't realyl tell you much. If it works with one resolution, but not the other the most likely cause simply is that your GPU acceleration does not have enough resources, so switch to software-only encoding. anything more will require better info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check whether you have used the effect ' motion title ' . Decrease it may solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines