• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects error: asked to create unknown property of type Pseudo and Master properties disabled

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I met a Pseudo warning when I tried to open my file in after effects. After I continuously clicked ok, the file would be opened in the end.  But here was how the problem came out. I found out the master properties I made in layers were all reset as default like screenshot 2.  but it's supposed to like they are all manually set already, just like screenshot 3.  All the work I had done was gone. This happened every time I opened this file.

In the file, I used a dropdown menu, expressions, and essential graphics.  The expression is wroten in opacity selection. 

a = thisComp.layer("Null 1").effect("Tile")("Menu")
if(a==1){100}else{0}

Anyone could help? Is this bug? or Did I make any mistake? Thank you guys so much!

screenshoot_01.png

screenshoot_02.png

screenshoot_03.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply sounds like your rather extensive use of the dropdowns is simply confusing AE, even more so since no actual property of the layer itself changes. The whole approach seems less than ideal and is kind of against how it's meant to work. It would probably work better if you used a more conventional approach with actually using time-remapping or individual comp rather than instanciating a single "über-comp" over and over again. Mind you, not saying that this isn't a bug, but to me it seems clear why you are getting these problems.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines