• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: Can not add a property with name "Pseudo/BNCA2506f0b33" to this PropertyGroup.

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Mt. Mograph Motion v4 Plug-in. When i go to apply the 'Excite' effect i get this message:

After Effects error: Can not add a property with name "Pseudo/BNCA2506f0b33" to this PropertyGroup. (Screenshot below)

Has anyboy else come across this error and did you find a fix?

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 10.06.11.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, have you actually selected the right property or for that matter layer type? From the message and function you chose I would suspect it wants to be applied to a transform property and you may have selected a shape layer path or something like that. Otherwise I could only suspect access issues with the preferences files where those pseudo-effects are actually stored, so you may need to check fiel and folder permissions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Liam26147030tu5h,

Sorry to see you're experiencing this issue with the Mt. Mograph Motion v4 extension. Since this is an issue with an extension and not with After Effects itself, I've moved the discussion out of the Bugs section and into Discussions.

We recommend contacting Mt. Mograph about this issue. If they are here in the Adobe Community, it might be ideal to point them to this thread so that any discussion/troubleshooting can provide help for others who might be experiencing this same issue with the Motion extension.

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone. I'm getting the same - in fact it's happening on Excite, Jump, Burst, all sorts. I'm guessing it's a compatibility error with the latest version of AE, or possibly with the Silicon M1 chip. I've emailed Mt Mograph, and I'll report back here if I get any response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its something to do with AE. I cleared my cache and restarted AE and that seemed to do the trick. Let me know if this worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas not 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorted it! Thanks to Luuk at Mt Mograph, if you simply close extension (right click the title and hit close panel), then reopen it (Window > Extensions > Motion 4), it starts working again!

According to Luuk, "There's a boot that happens when the extension first opens, and if that step fails, it could lead to this error."

Hope this works for anyone else having this prob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines