• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: Code (A_Err_GENERIC)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lukep60027779_0-1643371787804.png

I don't even own cinema 4D whay is it telling me this?

I am trying to open a file that the person assures me had nothing to do with c4d in it.

It crashes upon opening.

AE 2022

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug in the initial release of AE 2022 where the version info for the included C4D Lite is not correctly updated in the installer manifests. Check your CC app and run the updates. This was fixed. If the issue persists, more info about your system and al lthat is required.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happening to me. latest AE, latest C4D. even after reinstalling AE. both Beta and non Beta showing this error. impossible to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem over here, would love a solutionn asap!

Working in AE CC 2022.6.0

Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed AE 2021 and now I can import c4d files again. I use this feature a lot so it baffles me that it doesn't work in the latest version. Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem until I downloaded the R25 version of Cinema from the Maxon page and the problem was fixed. Hope this can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have the same problem in AE 2022 even i downloaded cinema 4d R25 latest version with licence too but still its impossible to work i have no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines