After effects error: collect files failed error encountered while copying file

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I've tried collecting my files serveral times and it keeps popping out "after effects error: collect files failed error encountered while copying file". Tried reducing my files but it' doesn't works too. Could you guys help me out here?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi badabink,

That's strange! Sorry for your issue.

Could you try changing the permissions as instructed in the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

If it doesn't help, try creating a new user account on your computer and test After Effects in it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

I tried the method already and it’s still the same. When I click “Collect” it will hold onto the copy file for about 10mins and then the error box will appear. (Refer attachment below)

May I know what's happening? Cause I don’t understand why is there an error collecting the files when I reduce a lot of files on my end

Hope to hear from you soon, cause it’s pretty urgent.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back.

Another area I can think of which can cause such issues is if After Effects has a problem accessing the particular location. It is common in the case of shared location but happens with internal and external storage too.

Try changing the location of the files that are being used in the project. Also, try changing the location where you're trying to collect the project.

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

May I ask if you have resovled this issue? As I am currently facing the same one right now, what is stated above and it did not work. Please help. 😞 

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstall and install back your current version of AE. It works for me after I did that. Do let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Sean

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you badabink! I've tried that too it didn't work for me, I also tried downgrading it as well.

Adobe please help. 😞

Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue as badabink described! 

and the solution is not working. 
I even tried downgrading my AE to an old version. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please help! 
all the files are on the desktop for a month already. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay.

Have you tried creating a new user account and testing After Effects in it?

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not working.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu....

the problem is always here. please help...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines