after effects error: could not parse mask shape on clipboard

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even stat to work because when I open AE this message pops up. I press OK and crashes my system!!!!!!

I tried un installing AE and installing it again and it still brings up the "error" and CRASHES my system again!!!!

How can I get rid of that so I can get to work???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018
If you are using CC2018 and Mocha masks, you cannot open After Effects. There is a knoen bug between these applications regarding mocha shapes. As soon as you have exported a shape from Mocha you will have problems in AE. The only way to pone AE is to free the memory copying any other thing in your system, ie a text from your internet browser or notepad.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shut down your system and restart. The message is telling you that you copied something or even used a font that is creating issue.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using CC2018 and Mocha masks, you cannot open After Effects. There is a knoen bug between these applications regarding mocha shapes. As soon as you have exported a shape from Mocha you will have problems in AE.

The only way to pone AE is to free the memory copying any other thing in your system, ie a text from your internet browser or notepad.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can also occur, when a file path is existent to After Effects, but the file itself is not on the computer. I had this problem when I used a file from dropbox, but it was not on my local computer, only in the cloud. So After Effects found the file by its path, but not its content. Therefore I didn't get the error message, the file was missing. Instead I could not render a functioning video and this error message popped up once. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had this error message after using illustrator and then working in After Effects (unrelated projects). I simply copied some text from right here in this thread and it seems to have cleared the offending clip board item!

I assume there is some corrupted/missing data within the Adobe clip board and it throws up the error - so before you purge/delete/shut down try copying some text from here (or presumably anywhere) and see if it helps!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines