• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: CT bad param: invalid glyphID ( 83 :: 2 )

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. After spending a few minutes in after effects I get this error and can't continue anymore

After Effects error: CT bad param: invalid glyphID ( 83 :: 2 )

When I force quit the app I get kicked off creative cloud and have to relog in.

I've tried looking for the font Arial MT and deleting Cache as mentioned in a few other discussions here on this error and these don't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details like exact AE version, system language or what exactly you are doing when the error pops up. Yes, it's font-related, but you have to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue IssacP? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in need of some help with this issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the following error when I select the text box tool and draw a text box...After effects error: CT bad param: invalid glyphID (83::2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running AE 16.1.3 on a 2015 iMac. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂 Was working fine then suddenly this error popped up 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ADOBE = TRASH. adobe compared any software even paint is a big loser. i hope one day after effects no longer exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines