• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Error - Save Animation Preset doesn´t work..

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have already made a text animation with the Animator 1. I wanted to save it as a preset for later use. I always get this error on the screen 😞     After Effects error: File couldn´t be opened for writing: /Applications/Adobe After Effects 2020/Presets/Text/Animate In/Drwstr Type Fade In.ffx". ( 3::0 )

Have anyone found a solution for this error? Please let me know if you have something that could help.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

It sounds like a permissions error - your system not allowing you to write a file to the Presets folder.

Try removing permission restrictions from the Presets folder, or try saving the preset file to an unrestricted location to test my theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

try to save the presets in your documents folder Documents/Adobe/After Effects 2020/User Presets 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a permissions error - your system not allowing you to write a file to the Presets folder.

Try removing permission restrictions from the Presets folder, or try saving the preset file to an unrestricted location to test my theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a permissions error because I am using a iMac.

Thank you for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to save the presets in your documents folder Documents/Adobe/After Effects 2020/User Presets 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to save in another Drive. If you do it like this, then you will have to go find it to reapply it because it will not appear in After Effects as a preset, however it is a solution. Perhaps the best option is the one that Andrew writes, to remove the permission restrictions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct. Presets should not be saved in the applications folder but in the user documents folder as said here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, then again, how can I change the folder where AE will save the presets? Thanks inadvance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines