• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: There was an error processing this PDF document. (1074397201)(50::29)

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there anyone who can help me with this error:

After Effects error: There was an error processing this PDF document. (1074397201)(50::29)

The projectfile won't open. I work on an the Mac, AE CC 2018  macOS sierra 10.12.6i

i copied the file to a empty folder and tried to open it here without any media files but with the same result.

I am kinda lost here, so any help is most appreciated.

Nils

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Although i suspected CYMK mode could cause problems in AE, i don't think it caused the error in this case.

(i just imported an CYMK AI file in AE, closed and opened the file with no problems)

I did some tests and learned that i imported the illustrator file in alphabetical layer order. Later on i changed that order in AI and on reopening AE got the error. The error can be clicked away as many times there are layers in the AI file. I had a lot of layers in the original

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Solved this by simply changing the file name...from i.e XXX-Main.aep to XXXMain.aep 

For some reason AE doesn't like "-" in the file name.

My guess is remove any non alphanumeric characters and this will solve the error. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Illustrator to determine if it's CMYK or RGB color.  If it's CMYK, use Illustrator to convert it to RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Although i suspected CYMK mode could cause problems in AE, i don't think it caused the error in this case.

(i just imported an CYMK AI file in AE, closed and opened the file with no problems)

I did some tests and learned that i imported the illustrator file in alphabetical layer order. Later on i changed that order in AI and on reopening AE got the error. The error can be clicked away as many times there are layers in the AI file. I had a lot of layers in the original file so i thought AE had crashed on me.

So lesson learned, don't change layer order in AI when you already imported it in AE in alphabetical order

And better safe then sorry alway's change CYMK to RGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had the same issue but in my case the problem was not CMYK mode.

I am using the After Effects 2019 and CMYK mode Ai files are easily imported in this verion of AE but the actual problem was the files path. I am using the windows and the file path was very long as it was a template and when I shorten the file path by bringing the template file to main drive there was no issue at all.

So if someone have the same issue then try to shorten the file path and file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked..Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved this by simply changing the file name...from i.e XXX-Main.aep to XXXMain.aep 

For some reason AE doesn't like "-" in the file name.

My guess is remove any non alphanumeric characters and this will solve the error. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Your solution worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it helped to rename and shorten the layers - which were by the way all cmyk.

Unbelievable, but true. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this issue!!! Just copy the folder with AE project to another directory with shorter path, for instance on the desktop!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the same Issue naming the files with less characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gold! This solved the problem for me!

Thx! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main issue comes from Ai file, I tried to duplicate the Ai file and convert it to RGB color, then I replace the old Ai file with the duplicated one, and finally, it was fixed, at least it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines