• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error when opening

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to resolve this error?  I've already uninstalled and re-installed.  I've tried right clicking and selecting run as administrator.  This is happening on a Dell laptop running Windows 10.

Thanks, Eric

Suppelsa After Effects error.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Running the Adobe CC cleaner did not work either. However, I did get the issue resolved. When I right clicked on After Effects and selected run as administrator the program opened up as expected without an error.  I then closed After Effects and re-opened normal, by just double clicking it and it's been working ever since. I'm not sure what difference it made running it as administrator the first time, but at this point I'm just glad it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects won't open to do this. It closes after the error message is displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then delete the preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately deleting the Preference files did not fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already uninstalled and re-installed the software. That did not fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I got distracted while I was typing, I meant to say, "You might need to run Adobe's CC Cleaner tool between uninstalling and reinstalling."

You could also try some of what is suggested here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the Adobe CC cleaner did not work either. However, I did get the issue resolved. When I right clicked on After Effects and selected run as administrator the program opened up as expected without an error.  I then closed After Effects and re-opened normal, by just double clicking it and it's been working ever since. I'm not sure what difference it made running it as administrator the first time, but at this point I'm just glad it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updated the windows10 letest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines