• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: zero denominator converting ration denominators. (17 :: 18) on Windows

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my PC build:

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D (Intel LGA1200/Z490/ATX/3xM.2/Dual Thunderbolt 3/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 2/Intel WiFi 6/Direct 12 Phase Digital Power/Intel 2.5G LAN/Motherboard)

CPUIntel - Core i9-10900K 10thGeneration 10-core - 20-Thread - 3.7 GHz (5.3 GHzTurbo) Socket LGA1200

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition Graphics Card (900-1G180-2515-000)

HARD DRIVE: Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology, Black/Red

SECOND HARD DRIVE: (where I set my caches to render) Samsung (MZ-V7E1T0BW) 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology, Black/Red

EXTERNAL DRIVE: (where I store my project and media) OWC Thunderbay 4 RAID 0

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042,1466) 

AFTER EFFECTS v22.2.0 (build 120)

I have been working with this AE project for weeks, including last night with no issues.  I didn't shut down my computer last night, but today I keep getting this error and can't get it to go away.  So, it seems to have come from no where, since nothing has changed.  Also, I have NO footage in this project.  It's all shapes, text, and fx.  Everything in the community seems to reference a framerate issue with source footage when you see this errror, but if there is not footage what is causing the error!!?  Help, I'm at a standstill with my project!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a day on the phone with Adobe techs, we discovered that AE had done an auto updated the night before.  I think it's unwise that Creative Cloud by default automatically updates software.  I think it should be the other way around.  Also, it's a pretty big deal to release a new version that is incompatible with a very common graphics card.  Lesson learned....

DON'T UPDATE TO AE v.22.2.0 IF YOU HAVE MY GRAPHICS CARD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines