After Effects Error

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated the app, I can't work on the most of the projects because the app can't read all the .mp4 files: the message says that the files "may be in an unsupported format".

Anyone knows how to fix this issue?

Thanks a lot

Fabio

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and other critical details like your hardware acceleration settings we can't tell you much. It pretty much comes down to these two things 99% of the time. Either the update borked up your system CoDecs in which case you simply need to try and uninstall and reinstall everything or your hardware acceleration needs to be fixed by updating your graphics driver and configuring it suitably.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Fabio24673690vufy,

My apologies for the issue. From what I can understand, the .mp4 files you mentioned were working fine on the previous versions of After Effects but they don’t anymore in the current version. Is that correct? Are you facing this issue with all .mp4 files or only a few? Please share your system specifications (OS, CPU, GPU, RAM) as well as your video properties (format, codec, frame size, frame rate).

Regards,

Ishan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines