• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Failed to open

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recenty I ran into an error with After Effects (most up-to date version at the time), where I was unable to get past the initial tile screen upon start up. As I'm sure many of you are aware, when opening most Adobe softwares, it opens a preview tile that has text in the bottom left reading through scripts to start up. My issue is, it wouldn't get passed the first line of script.

I tried mutliple things to try and fix this, clearing cache's, their locations, looking deep into files to work out if there was a duplicate file ruining a start up script, nothing. The only fix around the error was with the help of my IT technitian, who set me up on a new user account on my iMac, this seemed to fix it, and we're still not sure why.

I dont suppose anyone knows why?Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 12.26.40.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nick22247479ivwb,

Sorry for the crash.

After Effects working in a new user account makes me think that it could be related to permissions. If you'd like to troubleshoot and run After Effects in your old user account, try changing the permissions as instructed in the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines