Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects footage turning green and uneditable in composition

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Ive got this After Effects project thats footage keeps going green after working on it for a little. Its been track masked using mocha ae, and thats about it. Because all the footage goes green i cant keep working on the project. I really dont know how else to describe it. Ive been working on trouble shooting this issue for a few days with a lot of youtube videos and message board reading and really havent found anyone else with my problem, or any solutions. I thought maybe there was an issue with the project file, so I just stripped down the project and decided to start from scratch, and it happened again. I'm using 4k footage shot on an osmo pocket, and the the overall length of the clip is 15 seconds. Nothing crazy. Ive also uninstalled, then reintalled the program with the same issue. Rebooted my computer and same issue. Toggled the visibilty on and off, same issue. Im spent and just confused at this point and would really like to get back to work. Send help. Im currently running AE version 18.4.1(build 4)

Additionally, Im not sure if one thing has to do with another, but the app icon in the dock has dissappeared. Theres still the space it would normally be, but no icon is showing up even while app is active. 

Im attaching screen shots for review. 

My setup is:

Mac os Big Sur, version 11.3.1

Retina5k, 27inch, 2020 Imac

3.8ghz 8-core Intel Core i7

40gb 2667 mhz ddr4 

AMD Radeon Pro 5700xt 16gb

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird....Please make sure that video drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess: MPEG footage, probably h,264 from a mobile device, a download, or a screen capture and it may also be variable frame rate. If normal production footage imports properly then the footage is the problem and it might be fixed by transcoding it to a professional, visually lossless production format like ProRez or DNxHD.

If you have problems like this in the future, or would like to share more information please embed• a screenshot showing the modified properties of the problem layers (press 'uu' with layers selected) and the source footage selected in the Project Panel so we can see the file specs. 

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Rick suggests, it is a good idea to transcode these videos into a professional codec.

Meantime, you can enter into Adobe After Effects > Preferences > Import and deactivate Hardware accelerating decoding option. Then go to Edit > Purge > All memory and dick cache. Restart After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines