• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects getting worse by the day

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm on the lastest version of After Effects and I try to render out in Media Encoder. Takes about 3 minutes for media encoder to open!?  And I'm on a very powerful iMac Pro. What?!  And even opening After Effects takes twice as long as it ever did before. Adobe is getting worse by the month.  I now edit in Resolve 17 and its mind-blowing good!  But I need After Effects and its just getting worse with each now incarnation.  Yikes!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is exactly the problem? It would be great to know what you are trying to find here, not sure if you are asking for help. In this case try to be more explicit regarding your problem.

We are glad you are happy with other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  But no I'm not asking for help.  Abode needs to start over again, from sctrach. How old is the code in After Effects?   Its slow and ....  Go play in Resolve 17... its butter in comparison.  AE could be amazing...but old code is slow code.  I'm not asking for help because there is nothing they can do about it. Because they're not going to start over again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi e.motion,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and sorry for the poor experience. I'd recommend creating a post about it on the After Effects UserVoice to let the devs know about it and let others vote: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

In the meantime, I'll go ahead and share your feedback with the team.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abode needs to start over again, from sctrach. 

By @e.motion

That's how they broke it in the first place.

old code is slow code. 

By @e.motion

you seem to have a good understanding of coding, maybe you should apply as a programmer.  

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know anything about coding. But you don't have to be a mechanic to know if suddenly your Tesla only goes 40 miles an hour. I'm an editor, shooter, and photographer. I  used premiere Pro for years and I've recently switched to Davinci resolve 17. It's quite amazing. I use Resolve for editing and color correction. Unfortunately I can't give up after effects, or illustrator, or Photoshop. They are all amazing programs. The big problem with Adobe is the performance. The performance of many of their programs is slow as a snail. They have millions and millions of dollars and all they care about is...  Instead of making their programs better and better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines