• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects H.265 Videos Import Darker

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 GoPro Hero 5 that records in H.264 and 1 GoPro Hero 7 that records in H.265.  When I import the H.265 footage from the Hero 7 it is darker than the fottage when opened by quicktime.  No issues when import H.264 fottage from the other GoPros.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the footage interpretation. H.265 uses different color settings and can be encoded at 10bit and more, all of which affects colro rendering. You may also want to check the GoPro docs as I'm pretty sure soem of these things can already be controlled by adjusting the recording settings to your needs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We appreciate you writing in. In addition to the suggestion given by the expert above. Would you mind taking a look at this article about color management in After Effects? https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/color-management.html

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines