• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects has yet to finish a tracking job!

New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried in 2022, but 2021 and prior, I have NEVER been able to finish a tracking job from AE. I always have to resort to using  Mocha, or try to do place things manually as best as I can.

The thing is, the process starts fine, but somewhere, it always gets stuck. Sometimes with just a few frames left to analize and a few "minutes left.) I've lef it footaacking for days that never finish.

Ive tried footage from different devices (Mirrorless cams, drones, DJI's pocket) at differen trefresh rates. Different lenghts. Different file sizes. (Now that I think about it

Windows 10 ALWAYS stays current., I dont think Ive ever tried to track anything lower then 4k.)

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHzg

16 Gigs RAM.

Terabytes of free space.

Everything else works fine.

NVDIA GTX 970 stays pretty current. (Maybe a month or two behind sometimes.)

Any suggestions? Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not ideal. Sorry about that, JG24274264v7to.

Do you see any error message? Usually, what's the duration of the clip that you try to track? Also, does it happen when you try to track camera, or does it happen with the 2d tracking as well?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have the tracker exposed on the timeline, when tracking starts nothing appears to happen, but if you pause the tracking, suddenly all the tracking data up to that point pops into the timeline.  My guess is that AE's tracker is depositing the tracking information into the computer's RAM. 

I found long ago, that if I pause the track occassionally, I never have that issue.  Generally I have to pause the tracking anyway to correct the points, but that's another story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines