Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects importing images WRONG

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in importing the WRONG IMAGE.

I imported a series of jpegs (exported from illustrator), with slight variations. And they have the wrong file.

For exampe if I import "regular.jpg", "cherry.jpg" , and "grape.jpg", the "regular" will be fine but "cherry" will be the same image as "regular" and "grape" will be the cherry image. Except there are dozens of images with all sorts of variations.

I tried:

1. Purging all memory and disk cache
  2. Reloading footage on all the files
  3. Quitting and restarting the program
  4. Shutting down and restarting the computer

HELP! I have a tight deadline. This is URGENT. Like I need this in an hour or so.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us some fullscreenshots. open the file in illustrator/Photoshop/Os picture viewer and show the same file in Ae so we can see what's wrong. do the files open fine in other software? is it the export process or the import process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. These are potential new designs for a brand. My boss, and his client, would kill me if I put them on a public forum.

I ended up re-exporting as pngs, which seemed to work. Maybe it's a jpegs thing (????).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any useful info with regards to your program versions, system info, export/ save settings and whatnot. Sorry, but even if we were all-knowing and just had happened to hang around this forum incidentally in the middle of the night (European time), nobody could have given you any sensible answer. These days there's a gigazillion bugs in any Adobe app and it's simply impossible to provide any clues based on such non-information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always love those replies. how would your response be different if he tells you he is on an iMac rather than a MacBook? Should it not just work?
Or do you go, ahh, on the 2014 Dell Model, there is a big on-off switch in the back, make sure it on.

I just encounter the same problem and I am glad people suggested the PNG solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-saving it as the same JPG, but from PS also works (in case you have a specific format restriction or need).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A “gazillion bugs”? I’ve told you a trillion times not to exaggerate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! I exported my images as png's instead of jpeg's on Illustrator and it worked. What kind of bug is this?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered this myself with JPEGs exported from Illustrator, and used the same workaround that you did - export to PNGs. Submit a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 by now. This bug is still there....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES~~!!! I meet this bug, toooooo. TODAY.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's December 2020 and I still encounter this bug with AE and AI jpgs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 and this is still a bug haha. PNG worked though - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you export images from AI it is very easy to end up with CMYK images and they don't work in video apps. I find no bug like the one you are describing if the workflow is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is RGB image export from AI, still have bugs. just 4 images, and there is 1 bug. ><

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this same issue. Very annoying 😞

Exporting as PNGs seems to work fine at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing just happened to me. Exporting to PNG as mentioned seems to be the workaround. Would be nice if this would finally be fixed though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into this problem today.
Exporting to .PNG worked for me.
Thanks for the help eveyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here today. AE gets comfused my multiple JPEGs, but it's fine with PNGs. Such a ridiculous bug Adobe and for such expensive software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say no more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue once before and again today, thanks for all suggested png
please Adobe figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 It's still a problem of the JPG codec AI exports, if you go to photoshop and re-export them even as JPG or PNG should do the job too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I do, I re-save them in PS.
Such a waste of time while finding out which files have problems, and then opening them one by one.
But it works. Really cool to see this bug is old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup same thing here. Confused me like crazy. 

End up importing to PS and use Scripts>Image Processor and Save it back to JPEG. 

File header messed up i supposed. I got this images from my client which i supposed it was exported from AI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into this issue for the first time today. It's rather disappointing this 3 year old bug hasn't been squashed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines