We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
As in importing the WRONG IMAGE.
I imported a series of jpegs (exported from illustrator), with slight variations. And they have the wrong file.
For exampe if I import "regular.jpg", "cherry.jpg" , and "grape.jpg", the "regular" will be fine but "cherry" will be the same image as "regular" and "grape" will be the cherry image. Except there are dozens of images with all sorts of variations.
HELP! I have a tight deadline. This is URGENT. Like I need this in an hour or so.
Show us some fullscreenshots. open the file in illustrator/Photoshop/Os picture viewer and show the same file in Ae so we can see what's wrong. do the files open fine in other software? is it the export process or the import process?
Sorry. These are potential new designs for a brand. My boss, and his client, would kill me if I put them on a public forum.
I ended up re-exporting as pngs, which seemed to work. Maybe it's a jpegs thing (????).
You have not provided any useful info with regards to your program versions, system info, export/ save settings and whatnot. Sorry, but even if we were all-knowing and just had happened to hang around this forum incidentally in the middle of the night (European time), nobody could have given you any sensible answer. These days there's a gigazillion bugs in any Adobe app and it's simply impossible to provide any clues based on such non-information.
I always love those replies. how would your response be different if he tells you he is on an iMac rather than a MacBook? Should it not just work?
Or do you go, ahh, on the 2014 Dell Model, there is a big on-off switch in the back, make sure it on.
I just encounter the same problem and I am glad people suggested the PNG solution.
Re-saving it as the same JPG, but from PS also works (in case you have a specific format restriction or need).
A “gazillion bugs”? I’ve told you a trillion times not to exaggerate!
Yes!!! I exported my images as png's instead of jpeg's on Illustrator and it worked. What kind of bug is this?!
I've encountered this myself with JPEGs exported from Illustrator, and used the same workaround that you did - export to PNGs. Submit a bug report.
It's 2020 by now. This bug is still there....
YES~~!!! I meet this bug, toooooo. TODAY. 🙂
It's December 2020 and I still encounter this bug with AE and AI jpgs
When you export images from AI it is very easy to end up with CMYK images and they don't work in video apps. I find no bug like the one you are describing if the workflow is correct.
Mine is RGB image export from AI, still have bugs. just 4 images, and there is 1 bug. ><
Just ran into this same issue. Very annoying 😞
Exporting as PNGs seems to work fine at the moment.
Same thing just happened to me. Exporting to PNG as mentioned seems to be the workaround. Would be nice if this would finally be fixed though.
Ran into this problem today.
Exporting to .PNG worked for me.
Thanks for the help eveyone!
Same thing here today. AE gets comfused my multiple JPEGs, but it's fine with PNGs. Such a ridiculous bug Adobe and for such expensive software!
Say no more.
I had the same issue once before and again today, thanks for all suggested png
please Adobe figure it out!
2020 It's still a problem of the JPG codec AI exports, if you go to photoshop and re-export them even as JPG or PNG should do the job too.
This is exactly what I do, I re-save them in PS.
Such a waste of time while finding out which files have problems, and then opening them one by one.
But it works. Really cool to see this bug is old.
yup same thing here. Confused me like crazy.
End up importing to PS and use Scripts>Image Processor and Save it back to JPEG.
File header messed up i supposed. I got this images from my client which i supposed it was exported from AI.
Ran into this issue for the first time today. It's rather disappointing this 3 year old bug hasn't been squashed yet.
Same issue here as well. I exported a bunch of jpgs from Illustrator, imported them all to After Effects, and all the images look like the first image in alfabetical order. They are RGB images, so it's definetely a bug.