Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects installed 7 Cinema 4D apps

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Usually, when I install AE on my Macbook Pro, it would usually be accompanied by one Cinema 4D install. Recently installed After Effects 2020 onto my new iMac and C4D came with 7 installs:

- C4Dpy

- Cinema 4D

- Cinema 4D Team Render Client

- Cinema 4D Team Render Server

- Commandline

- Cineware

- Cinema 4D Lite

My question is, is C4D needed for my AE workflow? Is it okay to uninstall all 7 of these C4D apps?

Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same question! 

Have you managed to get an answer for this? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paula,

I haven't figured it out yet! Still looking for an answer myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is not so much if C4D is necessary to your workflow, only you know that, but moreso whether or not uninstalling them will somehow "break" AE.  I would imagine at the very least you will get some errors when AE is loading due to the missing applications and at worst AE will not load at all.   You can easily answer your own question by uninstalling them and seeing what happens.  You can always do a clean install of AE if something does break.  I would also imagine that Adobe's "official" position on the matter would be NOT to uninstall anything installs by default but sometimes "official" positions are based more on politics than reality.  Uninstall them and see what happens and let us know.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya, Gutterfish.  Always good to see you in the forums.

The user guide covers what it means to uninstall Cinema4D pretty well.  Although, some in the forums get offended by being referred to it.  Not sure why though.  It contains just about everything you need to know about using After Effects and the many 3rd party features included with it.  It even includes well curated links to related information online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warren,

I uninstalled AE because I don't really need it, but I cannot delete cinema 4d and all the other aplications that came with cinema 4d. Have any methods to unstinall them? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rebecca Ouyang 

After Effects User Guide > CINEMA 4D and Cineware
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/c4d.html

Scroll down to Uninstall Cinema 4D,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I have the same question. Did someone answered you? I see you posted this question months ago... did you end up uninstalling them?

In my case, I have the adobe license thanks to my university, and saw all those programms being installed automatically, and thought to myself "Oh, they´re probably included as a whole package. Then, I tried to open cinema4d because I was curious (i´ve seen some amazing stuff made with that program), and even created my acount with the same email as my adobe account... and apparently I don´t have a license???? Why would adobe install programms automatically when I don´t even have a license to access them. 

anyway.. I guess Ill just ignore them. But ugh they´re so many programs wtf

good luck, i hope that someone that knows more about this topic answers this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm going to try to uninstall them tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! same problem, did you uninstall them? if so does it do anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did uninstall them nothing really happened but i this they are there for integration with cinema 4d if you use both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider reading the After Effects user guide.  Pretty much everything your need to know about the software that you've installed is there.  

Also, the tutorials are very helpful on getting up to speed on what's what without being as dull as reading a user manual:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/tutorials.html

CINEMA 4D and Cineware

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/user-guide.html/no/after-effects/using/cinema-4d-composition-r...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I forgot to mention this!

The version of Cinema 4D that comes with After Effects must be launched from within AE itself.

You can do this by creating a new Cinema 4D Project File from the Layer pulldown menu.

If you happen to have a Cinema 4D project file that was created outside of After Effects, you can just use File > Import for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just came here wondering this too, because I was unsure how the application had come to be on my hard drive. I read the thread and had already deleted all the c4d stuff from my computer before looking up how it came to be on my computer, I just ran after effects and it opened fine, I didnt try to make a new project or anything but it played an existing file just fine, I'm not sure if the finer details of after effects will also work fine, but I didnt notice issues upon checking files I alredy had previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider reading the After Effects user guide.

CINEMA 4D and Cineware

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/user-guide.html/no/after-effects/using/cinema-4d-composition-r...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is really annoying. I have 2 folders in my Applications folder:

Maxon Cinema 4D R21 and Maxon Cinema 4D R22

Each of them tak up over 780mb of space. I didn't ask for them to be installed. Not sure where they came from. And there is no uninstaller to remove them. I found out that these are somehow for After Effects, but I don't understand why I have 2 folders? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider reading the After Effects user guide.

CINEMA 4D and Cineware

This includes instructions on how to uninstall Cinema4D as well as what gets disabled if you choose to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might also be worth noting that the system requirements for Affects Effects factors in Cinema4D in the storage required (5GB for Windows and 6GB for macOS). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed AE and noticed it install the Maxon Cinema 4D which I did not want! I have deleted the app from my computer but still there are files around the cannot delete, also can someone please tell me how I can remove the icon from the dock!! It's not going into the bin or quit it's now permanently there!! Thanks

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 13.52.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider reading the After Effects user guide.  Pretty much everything your need to know about the software that you've installed is there.  

Also, the tutorials are very helpful on getting up to speed on what's what without being as dull as reading a user manual:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/tutorials.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The guidelines are extremely helpful and insightful. They basically reveal that if you are an avid AE user, it's best not to delete any of the Cinema 4D apps, especially if you're doing titling and high-end effects for motion pictures requiring extensive rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this forum post after researching on Google . This is one of the many reasons why eventually I will completely move away from the Adobe ecosystem. I mean what a mess, Spewing traces of non functional apps all over the my computer!! I mean really do we NEED to have 20 ICONS ... surely it would be better off in an adobe folder.. You guys have so so much to learn about interface design its crazy. The average worker does not what to sift through a pages of non essential icons. No wonder the adobe products crash on high end machines, if your internal mechanics of  software design is run the same ... it could explain why performance is terrible on brand new clean machines. 

The interface is cluttered in most of the programs, simplicity is far away from anything Adobe. I ONLY use your products for the essencial can't do easily otherwise... fortunatley your competitors are becoming wise and have caught up. 

I have a new PC and now it's polluted with a page of useless apps that don't even have any purpose other that system support function! 
No I don't want to read a "how to remove" I don't want your bloat in the first place...or a least put a warning "do you realise that this installation will put 6 useless icons on your launcher with meaningless names"  It kind of blurts out ... "I can't be bothered to make it work nicely on OSX..". well... I can't be bothered to use your products for that reason! Next step uninstall > After effects... > step 2 > research competitors > 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines