• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects is filling up C: drive and crashing despite caching to E: drive

New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I have looked for help on Reddit, and on this community but so far haven't found a solution. 

I have AE installed on my C: drive, and have set all the Media and Disk Cache to my E: drive which has plenty of space. However, as soon as I load my comp into the render cue, my C: drive fills up, I run out of memory, and AE crashes. The size of clip doesnt matter, the complexity of the editing does not matter, even if I have caching disabled in Preferences, this still happens. Even if I start a new project without closing AE, my C: drive remains full until AE crashes and I have to restart. 

My drives are working fine, I've reinstalled AE 3 times, kept it updated to the newest version, I quadruple checked my caching settings, and yet this problem persists and seemed to just come up out of nowhere because I've edited small things on the same rig a few months ago with no issues. I've also used AE on worse computers for years without this issue. The only other issue I noticed that came up right before this, is Dynamic Link stopped working with Media Encoder. Besides that, I have no idea what is causing this or why. 

Any ideas? This is really screwing me over beucause I need to get some projects done but editing is impossible. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honestly, despite writing a long paragraph you haven't told us much. We need real system info, exact details of your configuration and ideally of course crash logs. That notwithstanding start by checking your system's drivers. Functions running rampant typically indicates leaking drivers of some sort, be that the GPU, audio or even a storage device driver.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines