• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects is not able to launch correctly

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recent updates of After Effects (22.5) my app is not launching correctly. After launching it from the Start menu, either it is stuck on "Initializing MediaCore" for a very long time or does not load at all. Please help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information we can't tell you much. Start with the usual steps: Delete the preferences to have them rebuilt with defaults, clean out caches and temp files, Check file and folder permissions, update your system's graphics and audio drivers if possible, reinstall AE. Anything more specific will require proper details on your part.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe start with resetting your prefs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your support.

I couldn't get the preferences to reset as the software is not launching at all.

Now I have reverted to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines