• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects is not retaining the clip in and out when using dynamic link from Premiere...

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the feature "Replace with After Effects Composition" in Premiere the in and out of the clip is not retained. What After Effects is doing now is Precomposing the Clip and then Precomposing a second time. So that when you want to use features such as Tracking or Rotoscoping within the Footage Pannel you have no idea where the in and outs of the original "Premiere Clip is" 
Yes, I know that I can set markets and try and stop the tracking if it goes over or before,.... but why has this changed. I've verified all of the preferences, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the both applications. I've cleard my Cache. I don't know what more to do other than remove my preferences files and see if that helps. 
If anyone has any suggestions it would greatly appreciated,... I'm never going to make my deadlines on this project. Adobe You've Done it Again! 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the Work Area time span to the In and Out that you want to track and then make sure the tracking options are set to use the Work Area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your Reply,... I'm aware of how to work around the issue,... I no longer believe that this is a "Bug" within Premiere and or After Effects, it boils down to the XML Data,... By tracing my steps through the project it has become clear that it was choices made within my workflow that are at the root cause. 
I just wish that the XML Data was easier to work with it so that I could fix the No.1 Reason they're failing in the first place. Believe me when you're working with 500 Clips in Premiere, and you randomly want to use After Effects more advanced tools, one additional step within your editing process can bring you to a knees. 
Thank you once again for replying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for keeping us updated on this, @Leonard Hasemann.

For now, I'm marking this post as the correct answer. You can change the correct answer post if you find anything new. 

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay,... It's something inside my project file... I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with XMP Data that wasn't selected during the intitial project creation and import of clips. I am going to do some further investingation into this and determine what is the issue and post any updates I uncover... 
1. I did start a clean Premiere Project, imported the same clip and it worked fine... So it is something within the Premiere Project that I need to figure out. I did also try importing the project within a new Premiere Project and that didn't seem to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines