• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Issue With Video Card

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there i downloaded some templates for AE but after playing them, they run super slow and after some seconds i get the error “Your video card does not support the selected configuration, please reduce the layer size”.

My laptop system:

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

- Nvidia Geforce rtx 2060 max-q 6gb

- 16 GB Ram

Aren't these stats enough to run After Effects? I have no problem using Photoshop and Premiere Pro at the same time while having different other apps opened.

Here's what I tried so far to solve the problem:

- Reducing layer size as suggested

- Updating graphic card drivers

- updating BIOS

- editing an element in the register editor of Windows 10 (I followed a tutorial on youtube to solve this same issue)

- Reinstalling After Effects.

Still unsolved, do you know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual info about the project and its content we cannot tell you much. Your screenshot tells us nothing. This could simply be the project using a specific effect or expression or having been up-converted from an older version of AE and this causing some conflict. Other than that the usual applies: Check your hardware acceleration settings, update your graphics driver, check memory, cache and multiframe settings and so on.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are some projects I used from Envato Elemnts, I get the error with each one: 

https://elements.envato.com/nft-collection-promo-FZ4AMHT

https://elements.envato.com/website-promo-CHZEGB9

https://elements.envato.com/nft-maker-TDWSEQL

Some of them require Element 3D wich is another problem.

Could you be more specific about these "Check your hardware acceleration settings, update your graphics driver, check memory, cache and multiframe settings and so on."?

Or is there a tutorial I can check to try to fix? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines