• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects issues with M1 Ultra

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone could help, maybe someone is experiencing a similar issue?

To cut straight to the point, RAM previews on my maxed out, M1 Ultra Mac Studio are painfully slow. 

I recently upgraded to the studio from a 2017 iMac Pro. For the most part, I’m relatively happy with the Mac so far. 

However, RAM previews within After Effects seem to be slower than my 5 year old iMac Pro. Yes, final render exports do seem quicker, but actually working within AE seems much clunkier. 

I initially threw my most render intensive project at it, and it bogged down, so maybe thought I was being too optimistic. But even if I just add maybe 7 shape layers to a comp and add, say, camera lens blur to a few, AE freaks out.

Here’s what I’ve done so far to try and fix:

Allocated AE 120GB of RAM

Tried putting my cache files onto an external SSD as well as locally

Un-installed and Re-Installed the adobe suite 

Adobe were less than helpful and pretty much said everything was fine from their end. But you’d expect a £6,000 Mac to be able to fly through RAM previews?

Apple also says that everything is fine one their end too?

If anyone knows of any setting to change, please do shout, because as it stands I feel I’ve wasted £6k and would at this rate, prefer to work on my older Mac.

Many thanks in advance 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious.  what video file type are you using?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I should have specified this. I'm an animator, so importing Adobe Illustrator files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines