• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects keeps crashing at start up

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I treid to instll a previous version, no luck, I deleted the latest update, rebooted, installed the latest version, rebooted. Tried to run it and get the same message at start up "AfterFX exe  has encountered a problem and needs to close. I update the latest Wondows 10 OS update, rebooted and tried once again, No luck! Not really impressed, specially if you need to make edits that you cant do and have deadlines

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know. You have not offered any exact system info or things such as the relavant crash info from your even viewer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mylenium, not sure how much of the report info is neede. Let me know if you need to full report. Thank you for you reply!

===========================

Process: AfterFX.exe [5784]
Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2021\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
Product Version: 18.4.0.41
File Version: 18.4.0.41
Code Type: x64
Parent Process: Adobe Desktop Service.exe [15120]

Date/Time: 2021-07-26 14:21:27 Eastern Daylight Time
OS Version: 10.0.19041.1023
Report ID:Time Awake Since Boot: 826 seconds

Crashed thread: 13 [4884] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL

Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Exception Parameters: User-Mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at location 0x0000000000000000
Exception Message: 3221225477 The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a mundane GPU driver crash. Thread 13 usually is the hardwaere acceleration stuff. Security violations point to broken drivers or missing DLLs, so it may be a matter of installing a different driver to fix those issues, including that weird MSVC stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rene5D90,

Sorry for the crash.

I can share the crash report with the After Effects engineers to investigate. Would you mind sharing the complete report?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines