• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects keeps crashing on startup. Please help?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

So after effects keeps crashing since today. I tried to reinstall, delete the preference folder, disabled the intel driver, updated Nvidia graphics drivers...

but nothing seems to work. 

Anyone got any ideas i can try?

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_3.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, your network is apparently crashing. Impossible to say more than that since you haven't provided any system info or other details about your configuration.Start with the usual steps: Reboot your rooter, check your network connection.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would this only affect after effects? Photoshop, illustrator and indesign are unaffected by this supposed internet connection problem, but after effects suddenly is? 

I tried what you said but it yielded no results. 

Regarding this: 

Impossible to say more than that since you haven't provided any system info or other details about your configuration.

Mylenium

By @Mylenium

I have no clue what you are asking for? Can you be more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it crashes on connecting to the Team Projects server, so naturally this would not affect Illustrator or Photoshop. Otherwise no need to make it complicated. Check the event viewer and provide basic info about how you connect to the Internet, possible firewall settings and all that jazz. Perhaps you really just need to un-block something.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no antivirus, windows firewall is turned off, but just to be sure i added adobe after effects to the exceptions list. No difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of that, this is all the crashlog says: 
[2021-09-15_17-51-25][4788][Info] [general] WebView2 runtime in system will be used to create a webview as no webView2RuntimePath is provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any changce your MSHTML libraries are blocked by your administrator(s). There was/ is a critical security issue that was just patched today. Applying it and releasing the block may get things working. Otherwise the secondary warning could indeed indicate that the DLL is completely missing, which may require some messing with Windows repair functions and reinstalling AE after that. Regardless, could still be a fluke and just a local issue, so try booting into safe mode, delete your network connection and let Windows create a new one automatically. This usually fixes a lot of problems in a simple manner and Windows is surprisingly good at it even in adverse environments with bad networks or severe administrative restrictions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why would this suddenly start happening? The day before i posted i was using the trial version and that worked just fine, but when my license got approved, it suddenly made after effects crash. If the issue is with my connection, it should've been there before, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then sign out of your CC app, delete the license files and sign in back again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the license files? I cant seem to find a path listed in the link you sent me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find any license files, could you point me to a path where i have to delete these? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude why won't you tell me how to "delete the license files"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines