• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects keeps crashing when i try and open projects i started before i downloaded BCC

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I downloaded BCC (i think it's Boris FX or something) earlier today to enhance my current project, and when I try and open that other project this is what the preview looks like:

Imana24720223weua_0-1654272483225.png

even though my time indicator is in the right place in the comp. Sometimes when I try and move the time indicator, that's what im met with when I click into any comp, or it crashes immediately (after effects always ends up crashing at some point)

Furthermore, when I make a new project, I run into no issues with the preview loading. only when i try and load up peexisting projects i have an issue. I have been working on my project for days and I would really hate to lose it, is there a way that I can recover it somehow? I don't want to start from scratch again....

Just for some background informatio,n this has never happened to me before today. I've had no issues with AE crashing a massive amount and I use the 2020 version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the After Effects forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the BCC stuff. 

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any way I can fix this issue without having to uninstall the BCC stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure BCC, Adobe, and your graphics drivers are all fully updated.

If that doesn't work, contact BCC support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines