• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects layer parenting to tracked null makes the layer disappear. Help please

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so I have background footage with a null that's been motion tracked to an object and I have another layer which is an animated 3d model rendered from Blender using an exported 3d camera track from After Effects of the same background footage. The layer rendered from Blender is just a video file but the positioning of that layer moves around in the scene so I parented it to the tracked null in hope of keeping it closer in the same position, but when I do this the layer disappears and it is only the background showing. When I unparent it, the layer comes back. I have no idea how to fix this or whats going wrong any help would be greatly appreciated!

After Effects version: 2020

Hardware specs: Intel core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

16GB of ram

Nvidia RTX 2060 Graphics

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I figured it out I just did a new project and I hadn't done much so this wasn't an issue and when I tried the parenting again it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten the same exact issue. I tried starting a new project and the error persists. I've followed 3 youtube videos word by word. I track the video. Edit target to the null object. Apply x and y. Make the text layer a child, but then the text layer goes invisable, and it doesn't track with the video...

Anyone have any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any screenshots and specific info about your project we can't really tell you much.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick response! Here's a video of whats going on. Had to speed up video (max file size permitted is 47 mb)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: inverting the matte makes it visable but the text still won't track

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is likely since the "track Matte" is selected instead of the "parent and link" where it says "layer name" "mode" "track matte" right click on "track Matte" hover over columns and check " parent &linked" I added pictures to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines