Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

AFTER EFFECTS layers not playing back

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project in After Effects and it was fine until I went to export it. It exported some of the layers but a lot of them did not show up. Now in the project I cant get them to show again, They are not shy layers they are all 3d layers. When I click into a Precomp they work fine so all the information is there they just are not working 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean by "export"?  You mean render?  When you render layers are not showing up? This is usually due to template layers.

If you do not mean render then what program are you exporting to?  And when you reopen project in after effects all the layers that didn't export are gone?   None of it makes any sense.

Please add screenshots and detailed workflow.   It's possible you are just working beyond your ability and need to go back and learn the fundamentals, like terminology.

~Gutterfish

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As P.M.B said, the way you explain your issue didn't make sense, you should explain better and post some screenshots to be able to help you

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines