Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Licensing Error

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just bought Creative Cloud and installed Illustrator and Photoshop they worked without any problem but when I install After Effects I get licensing error, it says I have to turn my OS Chinese. 

I am a new Mac user so I can't fix things up if I make it Chinese.

Thank you so much for your help.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error usually happens when your OS language is set to Traditional Chinese or Taiwanese Chinese. After Effects supports Simplified Chinese only.

What language do you have your OS set too?

And what language do you have the 'Creative Cloud desktop app' set to install your Creative Cloud applications in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is set to Turkish, I've tried to set my Creative Cloud desktop app language to Turkish - English(International) and some other languages but still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update : I changed my OS settings to Chinese Simplified and After Effects worked on that language but what's the use if I can't use it in a language that I can't understand? I don't even understand a word in Chinese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, it doesn't make sense 😉 Unfortunately, it's hard to understand why you're getting that error since you're not a customer from China. Have you, maybe, accidentally purchased a subscription that was meant for the Chinese market? Or, accidentally installed the Chinese language version of AE first?

Since this is mainly a public user-to-user forum, with only limited Adobe Employees around, I'd suggest to get in touch with Adobe Customer Care by visiting the following link:

They can help you figure out what's the matter and, hopefully, sort this out. Do keep in mind that it's the weekend right now and support won't be available until Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for helping. Isn't there any other option to get help except calling the Adobe team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines