• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Lumetri Color Effect Stretches Image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied a Lumetri color effect to a clip in my comp and it caused the image to stretch (as if I had distorted the horizontal size of the image). I toggled the effect on and off and the stretching disappears when toggled off. I removed the effect and reapplied, nothing. Restarted After Effects, nothing. Tried another clip from the shoot, no problems. I've had this, and other small bugs, appear randomly when using the Lumetri Color effect. Is there something that I'm missing or is this a known bug with After Effects CC 2017?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

I found this bug too but when using a mask on a video layer with compositing option enabled with no GPU.

here:

lumetri+compositingBug.mp4 - Google Drive

go to project settings (file->project settings) and see if toggling GPU helps (hopefully GPU enabled would be better)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this bug too but when using a mask on a video layer with compositing option enabled with no GPU.

here:

lumetri+compositingBug.mp4 - Google Drive

go to project settings (file->project settings) and see if toggling GPU helps (hopefully GPU enabled would be better)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me After Effects version 15.1.2 (oct 2018)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

enabling GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for adding that "how-to" video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what a legend! AE is so full of bugs, the downside of no competition. Luckily the community is rich in helpful individuals like you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy that this is still a bug three years after this answer posted in 2017- Thanks dude, worked like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NathanH,

Still having trouble? Please contact us. Here's how: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How on earth has this bug still not been squashed in the CC 2021 v18.2.1???? Why on earth can Adobe not fix this glaring years-old glitch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming this bug is still in the 2022 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still in 2023 too lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue. In fact seems to be getting worse. Has happened across the last two versions of CC. It seems to be something that happens with certain file formats.. .jpg for one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem today. After completing the color correction by other tools, I decided to experiment. I do not understand why this happens, but I noticed that the problem only appears in one clip from several parts of the same file (mov in my case). I tried to re-insert the same fragment into the same place in the new layer and the problem in new clip disappeared.

Maybe it will help to somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this solved it for me some times (but if I hide other effects stretches comes out! annoying)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem persists in cc aug 2019. GPU enabling only solves the issue if you have enough GPU memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, no enough GPU ram BTW, so what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered this bug today and solved the problem by pairing the clip with a null object and precomping them before applying Lumetri Color. Not ideal, but it worked. I'll try the GPU setting next time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still here. Wow, come one Adobe sort out the bugs before adding new features, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just came across this in 2023 version.  Only for me, the clip got squashed.  GPU enabling fixed it but yeah, geez, how long is this going to stay in? Thanks Roel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Confirming that I just ran into this bug that squashes my footage when adding the Lumetri color effect to a clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also found this bug in AE 24.1.0 (Build 78). I have footage which is using Track Matte on another layer. Toggling the GPU fixed the issue. My project was set to Mercury Render. Thank you for that hot tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines