• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects masking, grey line appears

Participant ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add a closed eye face layer on top of the opened eye face layer so if i want to do a blink effect i can move the mask path down. But i see the grey thing when i mask, Why does this happen actually? I did parenting so it can follow the opened eye face layer
unknown.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

I just fixed the issue. I have two layers the close and opened eye. Both has drop shadow and it cause the grey line to appear

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happens when your mask isn't exactly coinciding with full pixels and AE's sub-pixel sampling kicks in. The simple solution may be to switch layers to draft quality, effectively turning off sub-sampling. Otherwise you have to make an effort to place your masks more precisely.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just fixed the issue. I have two layers the close and opened eye. Both has drop shadow and it cause the grey line to appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines