• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects memory issue

New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My after effects cant handle the things i make in after effects (the things i make are not that big) i have 24gb ram and my memory is all the time on 90 / 100 % does anybody know how to fix that?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but your post does not make any sense at all if you don't provide exact system info and details about your project(s), preview settings, hardware acceleration and so on. Just saying that memory consumption is high is of no use to anyone.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi milan244595190o9i,

Sorry for your issue.

I agree with Mylenium. We'd need more details so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is a memory hog. 16 gigs is minimum, 32 is reccommended for entry level effects, 64 for some heavy editing here or there, and the sky's the limit, because it just works by storing rendered frames in RAM, so it's pretty much just a linear growth. double the RAM, double the frames rendered. almost. I do 4k footage and I can get maybe 10 consecutive seconds of playback with 32 gigs of RAM if I'm lucky. 

you're going to max out your RAM unless the entire program's variable storage AND the viewport cache fit neatly into a portion of it, which for you I would say is about a 20-30 second 1080p video.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/memory-consumption/m-p/12912399#M199354 is someone else who's suffering the same thing. it's a common worry with the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also, note that switching viewport resolution will store both resolutions separately until some needs to be overwritten in the working resolution. This means it will seem even worse for someone wh's trying to optimize their Ram and playback a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines