• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects messes up the order of Premiere rendered effects

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I start off by selecting a series of clips in Premiere Pro (some with slow motion effects applied and rendered within Premiere) and then I right click to "Replace with After Effects Composition". 

When After Effects comes up, all the clips show up and are in the correct position EXCEPT for the ones that were rendered in slow motion in Premiere. Those specific ones arrive way later and out of sequence:sequence.PNG

What happens is I get a black screen when the timeline plays in that spot and then the rendered effect shows up much later over other content where it shouldn't be.

Any ideas what is causing this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is to be expected. Slow motion/ time-stretching/ time-remapping are not compatible across programs. That's even documented in the onlien help. You need to make up your mind where you want to do it and then act accordingly. In your case it would probably be best to do it in AE since you're adding further stuff, anyway. Otherwise you'd have to render the Premiere stuff to a clip and import that into AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mylenium. Will follow your advice then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines