• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects missing files auto batch relink

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after effect used to re link all the missing files as a batch - now i have a new macbook pro and it relink only one file each time and not automatically, do you have a solution for that bug?

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could likely try one of the many import/ export/ project management scripts on AEScripts.com.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure i understand... it was happening  automatically before i replaced my mac, you think i should buy a script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sigalite86633480,

Sorry for your issue.

It seems to be working fine for me. Is it happening with a particular project? Would you mind testing it with a new project? Also, what's the exact version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This function is still broken. Any word on an actual fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after effect used to re link all the missing files as a batch - now i have a new macbook pro and it relink only one file each time and not automatically, do you have a solution for that bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging the duplicate thread.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

i did try it in a few different projects, the version is 18.4.1

I also rest the preferences as in the link you attached and still didnt work...

Thanks for you assistance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The functions appear to be currently somehow busted on Mac at least from what I read here on the forum, hence I was referring to the scripts.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. thanks! do you mind helping me choose the correct one and dorp a few word on how to use it? never did that before 

Thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, 

I've searched for more info on this but can't find any. Could you please suggest the best import/export script? I so wish Adobe would fix this bug- it's so frustrating and time-consuming to be without it! Thanks!!

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything wrestling with a similar bug that happens with collects using AE over Dropbox and files not sync correctly.  I even tried manually changing the file paths and Volume names in an XML / .aepx file.  It still ignored the path even though the files were there forcing a re-link one by one.  

Solve:
A resonable solve was to use Immigration from AE scripts, saved me hrs of pain.
https://aescripts.com/immigration/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for posting--  will look it up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-organized all of my source media, and when I went into AE, I simply had to repeat the process once per System folder. I located one file and AE automatically found the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! I realized that my Apple iCloud settings were the culprit-- had the "optimize storage" setting checked--so it had sent those files into the cloud (my drive was too full) and they needed to be downloaded again. Any file that had the cloud icon next to it needed to be downloaded again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its doing the same thing (relinks only 1 file) in after effects 2023 windows and the beta version also. now i have to relink 400+ footage one by one. Insane I tell you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no Idea, why Adobe is not implementing a propper automatic search and relink feature in the Mainprogramm directly. Ths is so essential and comment. It´s like not having an import feature at all 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines