Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

After effects missing files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've just started learning after effects.

I created a composition using illustrator, now that i've moved the illustrator files from their orinal place the after effects file shows colour bars. When i try to replace the footage the replace footage option is greyed out. Please help me understand how to fix this.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information and other critical details like actual file storage locations nobody can tell you much. also start by flushing all AE caches. Sometimes functions get locked up because AE simply mistakenly thinks the cahce is still valid and no action needs to be taken.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. 

I appreciate your response. I found that it was greyed out as a folder but when i went into the folder dropdown i could replace it by clicking individual files.

Thanks once again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines