• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects .mov file warped (no effects)

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my .mov files with an alpha channel. Previously they played back perfectly fine and showed a 3D ball spin animation created and exported via blender. It is now glitching and warping and I don't know why. See the screenshot for an example. Also when I play the .mov file back in VLC it has now turned the ball blue. The file has been opened and still displays as expected on a 2020 iMac running the same version of VLC, AfterEffects and MacOS. My current Mac is a Mac Studio 2022. None of this happened before. Please help.

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey paulj34206199,

My apologies for the issue. Could you please share your file properties with us? What version of After Effects are you currently on? Please go to File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects and set the Renderer to Mercury Software Only and see if that works for you.

Regards,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan,

Thanks for your reply. File properties for the .mov are attached, if you need others let me know. After Effects is fully updated and version 22.4. The After Effects file is already set to Mercury Software Only, I tried the other option Mercury GPU Acceleration (Metal) and still made no difference so changed it back. I'm thinking it is an issue with the new Mac Studio as it works perfectly on other older Macs.

Best wishes,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan,

I managed to fix this through choosing 'Get Info' in the application context menu and enabling 'Open using Rosetta'.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're glad that you fixed the problem! Can you share your source and project files with us for testing purposes? This would help us understand what the issue is. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines