Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects no Preferences

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this might be an absolute stupid question, but I'm new to AE and MacOS. 

I have no preferences. It's not under edit and it won't open with the short cut. I don't even have an AE preference folder on my Mac. Do I need to create it?

Thanks in advance,

Lukas

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be permissions issues and/ or folders being hidden. Also check the apple menu, as that's where such stuff usually goes on Macs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You find preferences on a Mac for any app by clicking on the app name to the right of the apple. You can also always use the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + ;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently preferences is located at a different location on my Mac or on the current AE version 😛

A friend told me to just search for it under help haha. But thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preferences for all Mac apps are always found under the app name in the top left corner of the screen. They are always the second line item under the divider. That is the OSX standard and has been for as long as I can remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines