• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects not exporting to Media Encoder when the project is located on OneDrive

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a whole project saved on OneDrive. When I try exporting the After Effects file with Media Encoder it won't even load in the app. When I save the AE project on my desktop the exporting does work in Media Encoder. There are a lot of individual files in my OneDrive that need exporting and I don't want to save them all to my Desktop first. Any ideas how I can fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably produces too long file paths/ URIs and due to OneDrive refreshing every few seconds to a few minutes the network connection probably resets intermittently as well. This is just not a good way too work. So do the only sensible thing: Open the project, run a File --> Dependencies --> Collect Files and store it on a local drive.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Idea!
I used to use Dropbox and never had this problem with before. I'd like to find a solution where I can simply export through OneDrive without having to collect the files every time I create a new AE document. Any other ideas how I might be able to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delve into your group policies and set the OneDrive configuration to use shorter URIs/ URLs and control the refresh timing to some degree, but quite generally your options are limited. AE does not use the respective native API functions provided by Microsoft for this, so there is no surefire way to make it work reliably. Dropbox works differently, since it uses its own HTTP client, so the issue may not occur there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, not the result I was hoping for but I'll give it a try! Thank you very much for your help 🙂

Leyla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have this issue but the other way around. AE files and footage saved locally (on desktop) won't render. My AME is only rendering AE files and footage that are saved on online storage servers (OneDrive and Dropbox).

Still trying and hoping to find a solution to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines