• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects not letting me import videos

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whenever i try to import a video/mp4 file to after effects these errors pops up "After Effects: AEPG Plugin PNGIO Support: Input file doesn't seem to be a png file" and "After Effects warning: Unable to import file as project (bad format or not readable)" after effects is only letting me import pictures/pngs and when i open older project files with videos, they come up as missing files. i already closed after effects, restarted my laptop cleared my cache, redownload the vids, multiple times and it didn't work. how do i fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a known issue on M1 based Macs. Try and trash the prefs, clean out the caches, check your hardware acceleration settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried that but it didnt work, thank you though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go to File > Project Settings and set the renderer to Software Only, does that allow for the PNGs to import?  Can you try opening in Photoshop and saving them as new PNG files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines