Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects not working with Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First of all, I apologize for any spelling mistakes. My mother tongue is not English.

Since about 1 week I cannot open the program on my MacOs Catalina (10.15.7) computer. 

When I open the application, an error text appears; "After Effects can't continue: unexpected failure during application startup"

I could not find in any official and unofficial resource how to solve this problem. I reset my computer after all methods failed. I reinstalled all apps. However, I'm still trying to deal with the same problem. Is there a solution to this? I can't use my Adobe programs that I paid for because the version doesn't fit on my device anyway. At least I want to be able to use it from this device.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cuéntanos los detalles técnicos de tu computadora, porque si ya formateaste y está desde cero y aún así no puedes abrir me parece que podría ser algo relacionado con tu hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kayrahanim,

Sorry for your issue.

As the expert mentioned, please share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? Do you see the splash screen when you try to launch? If so, what's the last loading module on the splash screen?LLM Ae 2022.png.jpg

Please check out the following article and see if any of the suggestions help: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-fix-common-after-effects-crashes...

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOs Catalina (10.15.7) 

Late 2012

2,7 Ghz i5

8 GB DDR3 RAM

NVDIA 640M GEFORCE

These are my system specs, but the screen you showed does not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Si estás intentando utilizar la versión 2022 de After Effects probablemente el problema sea las características técnicas de tu computador. Un mac Late 2012 con 8GB de Ram es muy deficiente para algunas versiones modernas de Ae. Además de esto, no sabemos cuánto de Ram tenga tu GPU.

After Effects system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines